CES 2012: JL Audio 13TW5v2 Subwoofer Driver: The King of Thin Gets a Major Boost
Patented thin-line woofer technology compresses the architecture of the 13TW5v2 using a "concentric tube" structure that supports the 7-inch diameter voice coil and the suspension attachments. This permits placement of the large motor structure much further forward in the speaker than with conventional designs while maintaining excellent linear excursion capability and mechanical stability.
The v2 improves upon the original 13TW5 with significantly greater linear excursion capability to unleash even more performance. The cast alloy chassis has also been strengthened, and the rear pole vent now features an annular vent. The v2 will be available in single 2 ohm and single 4 ohm voice coil versions to fit a wide range of applications.
In keeping with its "tight-spaces" mission, the 13TW5v2 is optimized for enclosures that are far smaller than most 12-inch woofers require and only a bit larger than the air space needs of a typical, small-box 10-inch woofer. The mounting system is designed to fit in about the same footprint as a typical 12-inch woofer.
Key Improvements over 13TW5:
- 13% more linear excursion capability
- Available in 2 or 4 ohm single voice coil versions
- Stronger cast alloy basket design
- Extremely shallow mounting depth (2.63 inches)
- Extremely small sealed enclosure volume requirements
- Long linear excursion capability
- High power handling
- DMA-optimized motor designs
- Patented "concentric tube" suspension design
- Patented "floating cone attach method" technology
- Very large diameter voice coil: 7 in / 178 mm dia
- Cast alloy frame
- Injection molded, mineral-filled polypropylene cone
- Rubber surround
- Precision-built in USA at JL Audio's Miramar, Florida factory
Nominal Diameter: 13.5 in (345 mm)
Recommended Power Range: 250 - 600 W
Xmax: 0.43 in (10.9 mm) one-way, linear
Impedance: Single 2 ohm or Single 4 ohm
Rec. Sealed Enclosure: 0.80 cu.ft. (22.6 l)
Mounting Depth: 2.63 in (67 mm)
Download the complete New Products for 2012 Brochure (.PDF ~ 3.5MB)
Media Contact: (Members of the Press Only)
Nicoll Public Relations, Inc.
781-762-9300 / firstname.lastname@example.org