Las Vegas, NV — January 3, 2016 — JL Audio, known for producing some of the finest audio systems in the marine, mobile, powersports, and home audio markets, has unveiled a new, full-featured marine audio source unit at its suite at The Palms Casino and Resort in Las Vegas. The MediaMaster® MM100s marks JL Audio's entry into this important product category and completes what is an already extensive lineup of high-end, marine audio products.
The MediaMaster® MM100s is purpose-built for marine duty, with marine-grade, weatherproof construction (IPX66 rated. This source unit is designed with advanced audio features, specifically tailored to marine applications.
JL Audio's president, Andrew Oxenhorn said: "The MediaMaster is a very important product for us, as it creates an opportunity to build a full JL Audio marine sound system, from source unit to amplifiers, speakers and subwoofers. This is the high-end source unit our customers have been asking for, and we are thrilled to launch it in 2016."
In keeping with its mission to offer a higher level of marine audio performance, JL Audio deleted the typical chip amplifiers used in most marine source units. Instead, the MM100s is equipped with audiophile-quality, preamp-level audio circuits, deployed in an 8-channel architecture with 4V RMS outputs. This design offers excellent system control flexibility in a wide range of marine audio system configurations:
- Main Audio Zone features bass, midrange, treble and balance controls.
- Audio Zone 2 is a full-range zone with independent bass, midrange, treble and balance controls, plus absolute or relative volume control.
- Audio Zone 3 can be assigned as a Subwoofer Zone or as a 3rd Full-Range Zone with independent bass, midrange, treble, balance controls, plus absolute or relative volume control.
- Audio Zone 4 is a fixed level zone
- Zones 1-3 feature a zero-clipping audio circuit design, with self-limiting tone controls to prevent speaker system damage.
The source functionality of the MM100s is designed for today's modern media environment, and does not include traditional mechanical media formats. In addition to a built-in AM/FM/Weather Band tuner, the MM100s offers a wide range of connectivity options for external devices:
- Bluetooth® audio streaming with AptX® CODEC and full control of play/pause and track up/down functions.
- USB 2.0 direct-digital connection for an iPhone® or USB storage device.
- SiriusXMReadyTM: Connect to the SiriusXM SXV300 Connect Vehicle Tuner Kit (sold separately, subscription required) to listen to commercial-free music; premier sports talk and live events; exclusive talk and entertainment; comedy; news; and up-to-the-minute traffic and weather.
- Analog auxiliary input for connection to a wide range of audio sources
- A NMEA 2K-compliant CAN bus is also on board to aid in connection to compatible marine electronics.
The physical design of the MM100s is carefully engineered to deliver excellent ergonomics in real marine applications:
- Intuitive interface with large text for easy legibility while in motion.
- Large buttons and control knob for ease of use in marine applications.
- High-brightness, full-color 3.5-inch LCD display offers Day/Night lighting modes with user-defined display brightness, button brightness, remote brightness and display themes.
- Optional MMR-20 round remote controls can be installed throughout the vessel if additional control points are needed.
JL Audio Executive VP, Jeff Scoon said: "The audio engineering team focused on making a better sounding head unit, the hardware team on making a classy looking product that could withstand real marine conditions, and the software team created a beautiful interface that works great on the water. We are extremely excited with the end result and can't wait to get the MediaMaster into the market."
The MediaMaster MM100s will be sold by JL Audio's car audio and marine audio dealer base, and will also be incorporated into select new boats as original equipment.
Back to News & Events