Miramar, FL — July 5, 2016 — JL Audio, known for producing some of the finest audio systems in the mobile, marine, powersports, and home audio markets, has announced the availability of the FIX™ 86 OEM Integration Digital Signal Processor (DSP), that allows customers to upgrade factory-supplied auto sound systems without switching out the factory radio. FIX™ 86 joins the previously introduced model FIX™ 82 introduced late in 2015.
While the previously released FiX™ 82 is a 2-channel processor, the new FiX™ 86 is designed around a 4.1 channel input/output architecture, fully preserving the factory fader's functionality.
FIX™ 86 offers powerful correction capabilities, including automatic level adjustment, delay compensation, summing and equalization correction. It accepts line level or speaker level signals up to 30 volts into eight inputs and it can independently process a three-way front set of signals and a two-way rear set, outputting clean, corrected front, rear and non-fading subwoofer outputs. The only equipment required for setup is a calibration track played through the audio system. With the press of a button, in about 30 seconds, clean front, rear and subwoofer audio signals are generated for connection to aftermarket electronics.
An optional DRC-200 Digital Remote Controller can be added to the FiX™ 86, providing Master Volume, Subwoofer Level and mode selection functions.
JL Audio VP-Marketing, Manville Smith said: "The FiX™ processors offer unmatched processing performance when working with OEM audio signals. The new FiX™ 86 adds four-channel capability within one chassis and will be ideal for a huge number of OEM integration applications."
FiX™ 86 OEM Integration DSP (SKU: 98103)
- 8-Channel analog inputs / 6-Channel analog outputs
- Front / Rear / Subwoofer outputs
- Built-in automatic summing (3-way front, 2-way rear)
- 30-second calibration process
- Built-in time correction (automatic)
- Suggested Retail Price USD: $399.99
DRC-200 Digital Remote Controller (SKU: 98126)
- Panel-mountable wired remote control
- Provides dual level controls when used with FiXTM 86 (master volume and subwoofer level)
- Push-button activation of hands-free function
- Status indicator LED can be mounted anywhere
- Sold separately (not required for normal function)
- Suggested Retail Price USD: $69.99
FIX™ is Now Shipping.