4-Way Fused Power Distribution Block
Designed to split a large wire down to four smaller wires where fusing of the small wires is needed. The input of this block accepts wire from 1/0 to 4 AWG, while the four fused outputs each accept wire from 4 AWG to 8 AWG. OmniSert™ receptacles capture various size wires without the need for adaptor sleeves.
Forged and machined brass construction with marine-grade stannum plating. A high-temperature polycarbonate base and cover provide insulation and protection.
Requires four MAXI® Fuses, appropriately rated for the equipment being connected. These are sold separately. Fuses can be pulled and inserted without removing the cover.
OmniSert™ (Patent Pending)
This unique block terminal design results in better mechanical and electrical contact between the wire and the block.
Conventional captured wire block designs use a narrow screw that only contacts the center of the inserted wire. When tightened, the screw digs a depression into the wire and only applies full pressure in a relatively small contact patch. Additionally, when smaller wires are inserted into the block, the screw does a poor job of gripping the smaller wire, increasing the possibility of an unreliable connection.
JL Audio's patent-pending OmniSert™ technology uses a large diameter screw with a domed contact area that precisely matches the contour of the wire bore. This oversized domed surface evenly applies pressure to the wire over a larger contact area in the body of the block. The design also does an excellent job of capturing smaller wires in the block, eliminating the need for ferrules or sleeves to achieve proper mechanical integrity.
Find the answers to many common questions:
U.S.A. Warranty Information - Mobile Audio Engineered Connection Systems
JL Audio Engineered Connection Systems are warrantied against defects in materials and workmanship for Two (2) Years from purchase date. JL Audio will, at its discretion, repair or replace any products that exhibit defects in materials and/or workmanship during the warranty period.
Please hold on to your sales receipt! All warranty service requires original sales receipt documentation. The warranty only applies to the original purchaser from an authorized retailer.
Note: Products purchased from unauthorized dealers are not covered under warranty.
The following is not covered under JL Audio's warranty program:
1. Product with defaced, altered or removed serial numbers (no valid, legible serial number = no warranty).
2. Product owned by anyone other than the original purchaser from an authorized JL Audio dealer. (The warranty is not transferable and will not apply to products purchased from unauthorized dealers.)
3. Product that has been physically abused (run over by a car or beat with a hammer, for example).
4. Product that has not been installed according to the instructions in the owner's manual
5. Product in which repair and/or modification has been attempted by unauthorized parties
6. Product damaged cosmetically due to improper handling or normal wear and tear
7. Product damaged in an accident, due to criminal activity (attempted theft, gunshot damage, etc.) or by 'acts of God' (flooding, lightning, locusts, etc.)
8. Custom finishes or other cosmetic treatments applied to products. (JL Audio will not be responsible for restoring or maintaining any custom finishes)
9. Installation and shipping costs associated with removing, re-installing or shipping the product to JL Audio for warranty service
Ask your dealer for details on warranty limitations.
If you need Service on your JL Audio Product:
All warranty returns should be sent to JL AUDIO freight prepaid through an authorized JL AUDIO dealer and must be accompanied by proof of purchase (a copy of the original sales receipt.) Direct returns from consumers or non-authorized dealers will be refused unless specifically authorized by JL AUDIO with a valid return authorization number. Warranty expiration on products returned without proof of purchase will be determined from the manufacturing date code. Coverage may be invalidated as this date is previous to purchase date. Return only defective components. Non-defective items received will be returned freight-collect. Customer is responsible for shipping charges and insurance in sending the product to JL AUDIO. Freight damage on returns is not covered under warranty. Always include proof of purchase (sales receipt).
Available in stores only