MediaMaster® 105 - Premium, weatherproof marine source unit with full-color LCD display
Enjoy great audio wherever your adventures might take you, with the MediaMaster® 105, a Premium Source Unit designed to withstand anything Mother Nature can dish out. This full-featured source unit delivers top-flight sound performance and advanced audio features specifically designed for marine and powersports applications. Its rugged, weatherproof (IP67 rated) chassis houses an ultra-bright, 3.5-inch full-color LCD display, with separate Day/Night lighting themes for outstanding visibility, even in bright sunshine. When in motion, you will also appreciate the clean user interface with big text and large backlit controls.
Because sound quality is our top priority, the MM105 is not equipped with an internal amplifier designed to drive loudspeakers directly. Instead, it offers twelve channels of audiophile-quality, preamp level outputs to deliver crystal-clear signals to high-quality marine amplifiers. These are deployed via four configurable, nameable audio zones, each with its own set of independent control options, making the MM105 adaptable to a wide range of system types. On-the-fly, level controls make adjusting each or all audio zones a breeze, while a useful volume limit feature ensures that nobody gets blasted inadvertently. All zones feature our Zero-Clipping audio circuit design, with self-limiting tone controls to keep the audio clean at high listening levels, reducing the likelihood of speaker damage.
Engineered for real-world marine duty
- Tough, weatherproof (IP67 rated) design and construction to withstand the elements
- Ultra-bright, easy-to-read, 3.5-inch (89 mm) full-color LCD display with individual settings for day/night lighting and display themes
- Oversized, illuminated control knob with large backlit buttons sealed behind a watertight membrane
- Intuitive interface with large text for easy legibility while in motion
- Independent user settings for display brightness, button brightness and remote controller brightness (optional)
Complete command of your marine listening experience:
- 12-channels of audiophile quality, 4V RMS preamp level outputs
- Four separate audio zones, each with independent feature/control options:
- Volume: control all zones or individual zones, at any time. A fixed output mode is also available.
- Tone Controls: Bass, Midrange, Treble and Balance can be operated independently or linked with Zone 1
- Subwoofer Outputs: each zone has its own subwoofer output, with built-in, selectable low-pass crossover (Off/60/80/100 Hz)
- Customizable zone names for ease of operation
- Volume Limit: set a maximum allowable volume level for each zone
- All zones feature our zero-clipping audio circuit design, with self-limiting tone controls to prevent speaker system damage.
- A dedicated button to adjust subwoofer trim levels (all or individually)
Built for today's modern media with multiple connectivity options
- Available Digital HD Radio™ (North America) and DAB+ Radio (Europe) tuners for the best in broadcast sound quality and selection
- Global AM/FM radio tuner with RDS (Radio Data System), to display extended FM program info, where available
- SiriusXM-Ready™ (tuner, antenna and subscription sold separately)
- 24 Favorites: store up to 24 of your favorite channels for quick access, across all tuner bands, including Sirius/XM
- Bluetooth® audio streaming with Qualcomm® aptX™ for maximum audio fidelity with compatible devices
- USB1 and USB2 direct-digital connections access music files on your compatible iPhone® or USB storage device; includes 2.1A and 500mA charging outputs
- AUX1 and AUX2 inputs accepts analog audio signals from a variety of audio sources
- Certified NMEA 2000® Connectivity - MFD (Multi-Function Display) vessel control functionality using applicable network cables and connectors (sold separately).
- Weatherproof design (IP67 rated) for real marine duty
- Protective Sun Cover included
Remote controller options: (each sold separately):
- MMR-20-BE Wired Remote Controller: Connect up to three remotes for control functionality from distant vessel locations, up to 75 ft. away.
- MMR-40 Wired, Full-Function NMEA 2000® Network Controller with Full-Color LCD Display
- MMR-5N2K NMEA 2000® Network Volume Controller
- MM-Remote Application Controller: Enjoy the ultimate MediaMaster® experience from the palm of your hand, using your compatible wireless device. Available to download for free (see below).
Need additional information on making MediaMaster® connections?
View the MediaMaster® Remote Compatibility Help Center Article.
|Input Operating Voltage||10 - 15.9 VDC|
|Standby Current Draw||120 mA|
|Operating Current Draw||1.5 A|
|Recommended Fuse Value||5 A|
|Remote Turn-on Capacity||500 mA (max)|
|Operating Temperature Range||-4 F to +158 F (-20 C to +70 C)|
|Display Size / Type||3.5-inch / TFT LCD backlighted|
|Display Resolution||320 x 480|
|Output Channels||One stereo pair and mono subwoofer RCA plugs per zone|
|Output Zones||Relative, Absolute, Fixed or Off|
|Maximum Output Voltage||4V RMS (Relative or Absolute), Selectable 4V/2V/1V RMS (Fixed)|
|FM Tuner with RDS||87.5 MHz to 107.9 MHz (0.2 MHz step)|
|AM Tuner||530 kHz to 1710 kHz (10 kHz step)|
|DAB+ Tuner||170 MHz to 230 MHz|
|Favorites||24 presets across all tuners|
|Profile||A2DP v1.2, AVRCP v1.4|
|Core Specification||Version 2.1 + EDR|
|Codec||SBC, Qualcomm® aptX™ audio|
|Connection Range||Up to 35 ft / 11 m|
|Interface||USB 2.0 host|
|Maximum Current Output||USB1: 1 A / USB2: 500 mA|
|Supported Audio Formats||MP3, MP4, WAV, AAC, M4A, M4B|
|Apple Compatibility||iPhone 5 or beyond (functionality contingent upon compatible iOS release)|
|Height (H)||3.91 in / 99 mm|
|Width (W)||5.95 in / 151 mm|
|Depth (D1)||2.56 in / 65 mm|
|Depth (D2)||3.94 in / 100 mm|
|Mounting Hole Height (A)||3.27 in / 83 mm|
|Mounting Hole Width (B)||4.72 in / 120 mm|
Marine Materials / Testing
The design of marine products requires extensive materials testing to achieve reliability and longevity.
Building serious marine products requires a real commitment to environmental testing and materials specification. To this end, JL Audio has invested in Ultraviolet testing chambers (to simulate years of sun exposure) and Salt Fog chambers (to simulate years of exposure to salt-water environments). This testing is critical to building products that will not only sound great in your boat, but will also sound great for many, many years.
- injection-molded mica-filled polypropylene cone bodies with synthetic rubber surrounds, specifically formulated with UV inhibitors for marine duty.
- Marine-grade, synthetic fiber spiders with progressive roll designs to withstand high humidity.
- Specifically engineered polymer baskets are corrosion and UV-resistant and encapsulate the woofer's motor system to prevent corrosion.
- Gold-plated, marine-grade brass connection terminals
- Marine-grade stainless steel mounting hardware is included.
USA Limited Warranty: Two (2) years from the original date of purchaseWarranty Details
Find the answers to many common questions:
Available in stores only