1.0-inch (25 mm) Aluminum Dome Tweeters
C1 component tweeters are engineered to deliver refined performance, with excellent off-axis response and high-frequency extension. Utilizing true, edge driven 1.0-inch aluminum domes with silk suspensions, the C1-100ct component tweeters provide smooth, detailed reproduction of treble frequencies from 3.6 – 22 kHz.
The tweeters can be flush-mounted or surface-mounted with the supplied fixtures to fit a wide variety of installation needs. Inline, outboard, 12 dB / octave, high-pass filters are included to ensure smooth response and reliability. These filters also are equipped with Advanced Tweeter Protection Circuitry to improve power handling and reliability.
When it comes to value, C1 is the real deal!
Sold as a pair. Surface-mount and flush-mount fixtures and grilles are included.
|Continuous Power Handling (RMS)||60 W|
|Peak Music Power*||150 W|
|Recommended Amplifier Power (RMS)||20 - 60 W / Ch.|
|System Efficiency||91.5 dB @ 1 W / 1 m|
|System Nominal Impedance||4 Ω|
|System Frequency Response||3.6 kHz - 22 KHz ± 3 dB|
|*With supplied crossover|
|Flush Mount Fixture Diameter (A1)||1.97 in / 50 mm|
|Surface Mount Fixture Diameter (A2)||2.01 in / 51 mm|
|Flush Mount Mounting Hole Diameter (B)||1.75 in / 45 mm|
|Flush Mount Mounting Depth (C)||0.40 in / 10 mm|
|Flush Mount Tweeter Frontal Protrusion (D1)||0.32 in / 8 mm|
|Surface Mount Tweeter Frontal Protrusion (D2)||0.87 in / 22 mm|
|Width (W)||1.96 in / 50 mm|
|Depth (D)||1.34 in / 34 mm|
|Height (H)||0.90 in / 23 mm|
Aluminum Dome Tweeter
Lightweight Aluminum Dome tweeters deliver sparkling high-frequency detail that extends well beyond the frequency response of typical human hearing.
Compared to similar textile designs, aluminum tweeter diaphragms offer superior stiffness and high-frequency extension, with only a minor penalty in efficiency. JL Audio’s aluminum dome tweeters employ a rubber surround and ferrous fluid in the motor gap to damp the aluminum diaphragm. This additional damping reduces ringing and improves the tweeter’s smoothness of reproduction while still delivering the high-frequency energy and extension that metal domes are known for.
Find the answers to many common questions:
U.S.A. Warranty Information - Evolution® Mobile Audio Speaker Systems
JL Audio Evolution Speaker Systems are warrantied against defects in materials and workmanship for One (1) Year from purchase date. JL Audio will, at its discretion, repair or replace any products that exhibit defects in materials and/or workmanship during the warranty period.
Please hold on to your sales receipt! All warranty service requires original sales receipt documentation. The warranty only applies to the original purchaser from an authorized retailer.
Note: Products purchased from unauthorized dealers are not covered under warranty.
The following is not covered under JL Audio's warranty program:
1. Product with defaced, altered or removed serial numbers (no valid, legible serial number = no warranty).
2. Product owned by anyone other than the original purchaser from an authorized JL Audio dealer. (The warranty is not transferable and will not apply to products purchased from unauthorized dealers.)
3. Product that has been physically abused (run over by a car or beat with a hammer, for example).
4. Product that has not been installed according to the instructions in the owner's manual
5. Product in which repair and/or modification has been attempted by unauthorized parties
6. Product damaged cosmetically due to improper handling or normal wear and tear
7. Product damaged in an accident, due to criminal activity (attempted theft, gunshot damage, etc.) or by 'acts of God' (flooding, lightning, locusts, etc.)
8. Custom finishes or other cosmetic treatments applied to products. (JL Audio will not be responsible for restoring or maintaining any custom finishes)
9. Installation and shipping costs associated with removing, re-installing or shipping the product to JL Audio for warranty service
Ask your dealer for details on warranty limitations.
If you need Service on your JL Audio Product:
All warranty returns should be sent to JL AUDIO freight prepaid through an authorized JL AUDIO dealer and must be accompanied by proof of purchase (a copy of the original sales receipt.) Direct returns from consumers or non-authorized dealers will be refused unless specifically authorized by JL AUDIO with a valid return authorization number. Warranty expiration on products returned without proof of purchase will be determined from the manufacturing date code. Coverage may be invalidated as this date is previous to purchase date. Return only defective components. Non-defective items received will be returned freight-collect. Customer is responsible for shipping charges and insurance in sending the product to JL AUDIO. Freight damage on returns is not covered under warranty. Always include proof of purchase (sales receipt).
Available in stores only