Hideaway Marine Source Unit for use with compatible NMEA 2000® control devices - 30 Watts x 4 @ 4 Ω
MediaMaster® - Hideaway Marine Source Unit for use with compatible NMEA 2000® control devices - 30 Watts x 4 @ 4 Ω
The MediaMaster® 80-HR is a high-performance, powered source unit engineered specifically for marine applications. Designed for out-of-the-way installations, the MM80-HR features certified NMEA 2000® connectivity, with all command functionality handled via two control methods:
- A compatible MFD (Multi-Function Display) from Simrad, Lowrance or B&G via your vessel’s NMEA 2000® network. (Refer to MFD manufacturer for compatibility info.)
- MediaMaster® MMR-40 NMEA 2000® Network Controller (sold separately): This comprehensive remote controller with color LCD display delivers the full-function MediaMaster® experience via your vessel’s NMEA 2000® network.
A variety of mechless source and media options deliver uninterrupted playback of your favorite stations and playlist while on the water. Available sources include a Digital AM/FM Tuner, Bluetooth® connectivity, dual USB connections (with charging output) for a USB drive or iPhone®, plus a pair of Analog AUX inputs. An auxiliary high-level, MIC source input is also on-hand allowing hailer commands to be broadcasted through the audio system.
Audio output options include a built-in amplifier, capable of driving your speakers with 120 watts (30W x 4 @ 4 ohms) of high-fidelity sound, plus four channels of top-quality preamp outputs from two independent audio zones (Zones 1 and 3).
Zone Output options:
- Zone 1: Preamp (RCA) and Speaker-Level
- Zone 2: Speaker Level (only)
- Zone 3: Preamp only (RCA)
The configurable master volume control permits level adjustments of all zones together, plus:
- Independent level control of Zones 1 and 2
- Separate attenuation control of Zone 3
- Max Volume Limit - Set independent volume level limits for Zones 1 and 2
- Tone Controls - Customize your sound with Bass, Mid and Treble controls
Note: A MMR-40 NMEA 2000® Network Controller (sold separately) or Simrad, Lowrance or B&G Multi-Function Display (not included/refer to MFD manufacturer for compatibility info) is required to use the MM80-HR. One NMEA 2000® Micro-C drop cable (6.3 ft / 1.92 m) and T-connector are included with the MM80-HR. Additional cables and connectors may be required for your specific vessel network. You may also use our MMC-PN2K Powered Network Cables (sold separately) to create your own isolated, stand-alone network.
Need additional information on making MediaMaster® connections?
View the Help Center Article.
|Input Operating Voltage||10 - 16 VDC|
|Standby Current Draw||5 mA|
|Operating Current Draw||15 A|
|Recommended Fuse Value||15 A|
|Operating Temperature Range||-4 F to +140 F (-20 C to +60 C)|
|Display Size / Type||N/A|
|Output Channels||Zones 1&3: Two stereo pairs of RCA plugs (2V RMS) Zones 1&2: Two stereo pairs of Speaker Outputs (30 W RMS x 4)|
|Maximum Output Voltage||2V RMS|
|Height (H)||2.21 in / 56 mm|
|Width (W)||9.08 in / 231 mm|
|Depth (D)||4.39 in / 112 mm|
Marine Materials / Testing
The design of marine products requires extensive materials testing to achieve reliability and longevity.
Building serious marine products requires a real commitment to environmental testing and materials specification. To this end, JL Audio has invested in Ultraviolet testing chambers (to simulate years of sun exposure) and Salt Fog chambers (to simulate years of exposure to salt-water environments). This testing is critical to building products that will not only sound great in your boat, but will also sound great for many, many years.
- injection-molded mica-filled polypropylene cone bodies with synthetic rubber surrounds, specifically formulated with UV inhibitors for marine duty.
- Marine-grade, synthetic fiber spiders with progressive roll designs to withstand high humidity.
- Specifically engineered polymer baskets are corrosion and UV-resistant and encapsulate the woofer's motor system to prevent corrosion.
- Gold-plated, marine-grade brass connection terminals
- Marine-grade stainless steel mounting hardware is included.
Find the answers to many common questions:
U.S.A. Warranty Information - Marine Amplifiers and Electronics
JL Audio Marine Amplifiers and Electronics are warrantied against defects in materials and workmanship for Two (2) Years from purchase date. JL Audio will, at its discretion, repair or replace any products that exhibit defects in materials and/or workmanship during the warranty period.
Please hold on to your sales receipt! All warranty service requires original sales receipt documentation. The warranty only applies to the original purchaser from an authorized retailer.
Note: Products purchased from unauthorized dealers are not covered under warranty.
The following is not covered under JL Audio's warranty program:
1. Product with defaced, altered or removed serial numbers (no valid, legible serial number = no warranty).
2. Product owned by anyone other than the original purchaser from an authorized JL Audio dealer. (The warranty is not transferable and will not apply to products purchased from unauthorized dealers.)
3. Product that has been physically abused (run over by a car or beat with a hammer, for example).
4. Product that has not been installed according to the instructions in the owner's manual
5. Product in which repair and/or modification has been attempted by unauthorized parties
6. Product damaged cosmetically due to improper handling or normal wear and tear
7. Product damaged in an accident, due to criminal activity (attempted theft, gunshot damage, etc.) or by 'acts of God' (flooding, lightning, locusts, etc.)
8. Custom finishes or other cosmetic treatments applied to products. (JL Audio will not be responsible for restoring or maintaining any custom finishes)
9. Installation and shipping costs associated with removing, re-installing or shipping the product to JL Audio for warranty service
Ask your dealer for details on warranty limitations.
If you need Service on your JL Audio Product:
All warranty returns should be sent to JL AUDIO freight prepaid through an authorized JL AUDIO dealer and must be accompanied by proof of purchase (a copy of the original sales receipt.) Direct returns from consumers or non-authorized dealers will be refused unless specifically authorized by JL AUDIO with a valid return authorization number. Warranty expiration on products returned without proof of purchase will be determined from the manufacturing date code. Coverage may be invalidated as this date is previous to purchase date. Return only defective components. Non-defective items received will be returned freight-collect. Customer is responsible for shipping charges and insurance in sending the product to JL AUDIO. Freight damage on returns is not covered under warranty. Always include proof of purchase (sales receipt).