Hideaway Marine Source Unit for use with compatible NMEA 2000® control devices - 30 Watts x 4 @ 4 Ω
MediaMaster® - Hideaway Marine Source Unit for use with compatible NMEA 2000® control devices - 30 Watts x 4 @ 4 Ω
The MediaMaster® 80-HR is a high-performance, powered source unit engineered specifically for marine applications. Designed for out-of-the-way installations, the MM80-HR features certified NMEA 2000® connectivity, with all command functionality handled via two control methods:
- A compatible MFD (Multi-Function Display) from Simrad, Lowrance or B&G via your vessel’s NMEA 2000® network. (Refer to MFD manufacturer for compatibility info.)
- MediaMaster® MMR-40 NMEA 2000® Network Controller (sold separately): This comprehensive remote controller with color LCD display delivers the full-function MediaMaster® experience via your vessel’s NMEA 2000® network.
A variety of mechless source and media options deliver uninterrupted playback of your favorite stations and playlist while on the water. Available sources include a Digital AM/FM Tuner, Bluetooth® connectivity, dual USB connections (with charging output) for a USB drive (32GB Max) or iPhone®, plus a pair of Analog AUX inputs. An auxiliary high-level, MIC source input is also on-hand allowing hailer commands to be broadcasted through the audio system.
Audio output options include a built-in amplifier, capable of driving your speakers with 120 watts (30W x 4 @ 4 ohms) of high-fidelity sound, plus four channels of top-quality preamp outputs from two independent audio zones (Zones 1 and 3).
Zone Output options:
- Zone 1: Preamp (RCA) and Speaker-Level
- Zone 2: Speaker Level (only)
- Zone 3: Preamp only (RCA)
The configurable master volume control permits level adjustments of all zones together, plus:
- Independent level control of Zones 1 and 2
- Separate attenuation control of Zone 3
- Max Volume Limit - Set independent volume level limits for Zones 1 and 2
- Tone Controls - Customize your sound with Bass, Mid and Treble controls
Note: A MMR-40 NMEA 2000® Network Controller (sold separately) or Simrad, Lowrance or B&G Multi-Function Display (not included/refer to MFD manufacturer for compatibility info) is required to use the MM80-HR. One NMEA 2000® Micro-C drop cable (6.3 ft / 1.92 m) and T-connector are included with the MM80-HR. Additional cables and connectors may be required for your specific vessel network. You may also use our MMC-PN2K Powered Network Cables (sold separately) to create your own isolated, stand-alone network.
Need additional information on making MediaMaster® connections?
View the Help Center Article on MediaMaster Remote Compatibility.
|Input Operating Voltage||10 - 16 VDC|
|Standby Current Draw||5 mA|
|Operating Current Draw||15 A|
|Recommended Fuse Value||15 A|
|Operating Temperature Range||-4 F to +140 F (-20 C to +60 C)|
|Display Size / Type||N/A|
|Output Channels||Zones 1&3: Two stereo pairs of RCA plugs (2V RMS) Zones 1&2: Two stereo pairs of Speaker Outputs (30 W RMS x 4)|
|Maximum Output Voltage||2V RMS|
|Height (H)||2.21 in / 56 mm|
|Width (W)||9.08 in / 231 mm|
|Depth (D)||4.39 in / 112 mm|
Marine Materials / Testing
The design of marine products requires extensive materials testing to achieve reliability and longevity.
Building serious marine products requires a real commitment to environmental testing and materials specification. To this end, JL Audio has invested in Ultraviolet testing chambers (to simulate years of sun exposure) and Salt Fog chambers (to simulate years of exposure to salt-water environments). This testing is critical to building products that will not only sound great in your boat, but will also sound great for many, many years.
- injection-molded mica-filled polypropylene cone bodies with synthetic rubber surrounds, specifically formulated with UV inhibitors for marine duty.
- Marine-grade, synthetic fiber spiders with progressive roll designs to withstand high humidity.
- Specifically engineered polymer baskets are corrosion and UV-resistant and encapsulate the woofer's motor system to prevent corrosion.
- Gold-plated, marine-grade brass connection terminals
- Marine-grade stainless steel mounting hardware is included.
Find the answers to many common questions:
Available in stores only