Subwoofer Amplifier/Processor with rack mount option and JLink™ Connectivity
Equipped with flexible features and a robust power amplifier section, the Fathom® SA-600W is an ideal choice to drive a custom subwoofer system in home theater and home audio systems. The full set of Fathom® signal processing features is included, along with additional DSP features, managed through an intuitively designed onboard interface. With its precisely engineered switching power supply and proprietary Class-D amplifier topology, the SA-600W is capable of efficiently delivering up to 600 watts of continuous power.
The SA-600W includes the following features:
- Pristine, stereo audio circuit pathways used throughout
- Intuitive interface with LCD display provides detailed control of on-board settings and functions
- On-board, 2-way active crossover (12/24 dB per octave), capable of supporting a stereo system with a low-pass filtered subwoofer output and high-pass filtered line outputs to feed the main speakers’ amplifier
- Built-in, optimized equalizer curves for use with JL Audio subwoofers systems
- Fixed or variable level control options
- Selectable polarity control (0 or 180 degrees) to optimize subwoofer integration
- Programmable delay controls for the SA-600W’s subwoofer outputs and line outputs.
- E.L.F. (Extreme Low Frequency) trim applies equalizer cut or boost at 25 Hz (-12 to + 3 dB) to tailor a subwoofer’s response for a particular room.
- D.A.R.O. (Digital Automatic Room Optimization) automatically measures and corrects in-room response to optimize low frequency performance (requires optional JL Audio calibration microphone – CAL-MIC1 – sold separately)
- Three band parametric equalizer with configurable center frequency, Q and gain, to further optimize subwoofer system response
- Grounded or Isolated input mode options for quiet, noise-free performance
- Stereo, high-level inputs accept direct connection from amplified receiver outputs when no line level signal is available.
- Wireless signal connectivity is available via the optional JLink™ Transmitter/Receiver system (JLink™ TRX – sold separately).
- Automatic turn-on options via signal sensing or 12V trigger. 12V input and output triggers to control additional SA-600Ws or peripheral equipment
- Front-mounted USB port and DFU button provides easy access to update firmware.
- Versatile mounting options for table-top setups or rack-mount installations.
|Amplifier Power||600 W x 1 at 3 ohms
450 W x 1 at 4 ohms
300 W x 1 at 6 ohms
225 W x 1 at 8 ohms
|Power Mode(s)||Off, On or Automatic (Signal-Sensing or 12V Trigger)|
|12V Trigger Output Capacity||150 mA (1/8-inch/3.5mm mini jack)|
|Unbalanced Inputs||Stereo or Mono (two RCA jacks - Input Impedance of 50k Ohms)|
|Speaker/High-Level Inputs||Stereo or Mono (removable plug - Input Impedance of 4.4k Ohms)|
|Input Grounding||Isolated or Grounded|
|Level Control||Reference (fixed gain) or Variable from -50dB to +15dB over reference gain (0.5 dB increments)|
|Filter Mode(s)||Low-Pass, with tracking High-Pass Outputs|
|Filter Slope(s)||12/24 dB/octave|
|Filter Frequency Range||30 Hz - 130.1 Hz|
|Filter Defeat Function||Yes|
|Polarity||0 or 180 degrees|
|Delay (Phase)||Variable from 0 – 25 ms (0.1 ms increments, Sub and HP outputs)|
|Extreme Low Frequency (E.L.F.) Trim||Variable, -12 dB to +3 dB at 25 Hz (0.5 dB increments)|
|Line Outputs||Stereo or Mono (two RCA jacks - Pass-Through or High-Pass)|
|Subwoofer Outputs||Neutrik speakOn® 2-Pole Connectors (uses Neutrik part: NL2FX)|
|Calibration Mode||Digital Automatic Room Optimization (D.A.R.O.), requires microphone (sold separately)|
|Equalizer Frequency Range||20 to 160 Hz (1 Hz increments)|
|Equalizer Gain Range||-12 dB to +12 dB (0.2 dB increments)|
|Equalizer Q Range||0.7 to 5.0 (0.1 increments)|
|Width (W)||16.84 in / 428 mm|
|Height (H)||1.75 in / 44 mm|
|Depth (D)||13.63 in / 346 mm|
|Net Weight||13.5 lb / 6.12 kg|
|Note: Single Rack Unit - Amplifier Height Dimensions do not include feet.|
Digital Automatic Room Optimization (D.A.R.O.)
JL Audio's exclusive D.A.R.O. technology uses a powerful on-board DSP to automatically optimize the subwoofer's in-room frequency response. This leads to a superb listening experience, no matter where the subwoofer is placed.
In typical listening spaces, subwoofer and listener placement have a profound effect on the accuracy of low-frequency reproduction. While we always recommend that you place your subwoofers in good-sounding locations, we know that these often can be impractical locations. In the real world, subwoofer placement almost always involves a compromise between sonic performance, practicality and aesthetics.
To face this dilemma head on, JL Audio subwoofer systems incorporate a clever piece of technology called Digital Automatic Room Optimization (D.A.R.O.). The D.A.R.O. system self-generates a series of calibration tones, measures the frequency response at the listening position, and automatically configures an 18-band, 1/6 octave equalizer for a flat end-result. The system effectively allows for smooth, well-balanced sub-bass from a variety of locations that would have been less than ideal without D.A.R.O.
To perform this audio magic, all you have to do is:
- Connect the included calibration microphone to the front panel of the subwoofer.
- Press the calibrate button on the front panel of the subwoofer.
- Hold the microphone at the primary listening position for about a minute.
- A few minutes later, you have completed this one-time setup routine.
Read a review of the D.A.R.O. feature on Acoustic Frontiers
High-Damping Feedback Circuitry (U.S. Patent #6,441,685)
This proprietary, discrete control circuit design allows our Class D switching amplifiers to maintain an excellent damping factor for improved transient behavior and fidelity.
While Class D amplifiers are well known for outstanding efficiency, they have also been known for less than spectacular sound quality due to weak damping of the driven load and poor power regulation. These factors are critical to subwoofer fidelity as they relate directly to the amplifier's ability to control the motion of the speakers.
JL Audio's Patented Class D output circuit utilizes a discrete control section and a unique feedback loop design that results in outstanding power regulation with a damping factor that's vastly higher than other Class D designs and also higher than most Class A/B amplifiers. The benefit of this exclusive JL Audio technology is tight, clean bass reproduction with the efficiency advantage of Class D.
It is a package tailor-made for world-class bass performance.
Download Fathom® SA-600W Product Manual
Find the answers to many common questions:
U.S.A. Warranty Information - Home Audio Electronics
JL Audio Home Audio Powered Subwoofer Systems are warrantied against defects in materials and workmanship for Three (3) Years from purchase date. JL Audio will, at its discretion, repair or replace any products that exhibit defects in materials and/or workmanship during the warranty period.
Please hold on to your sales receipt! All warranty service requires original sales receipt documentation. The warranty only applies to the original purchaser from an authorized retailer.
Note: Products purchased from unauthorized dealers are not covered under warranty.
The following is not covered under JL Audio's warranty program:
1. Product with defaced, altered or removed serial numbers (no valid, legible serial number = no warranty).
2. Product owned by anyone other than the original purchaser from an authorized JL Audio dealer. (The warranty is not transferable and will not apply to products purchased from unauthorized dealers.)
3. Product that has been physically abused (run over by a car or beat with a hammer, for example).
4. Product that has not been installed according to the instructions in the owner's manual
5. Product in which repair and/or modification has been attempted by unauthorized parties
6. Product damaged cosmetically due to improper handling or normal wear and tear
7. Product damaged in an accident, due to criminal activity (attempted theft, gunshot damage, etc.) or by 'acts of God' (flooding, lightning, locusts, etc.)
8. Custom finishes or other cosmetic treatments applied to products. (JL Audio will not be responsible for restoring or maintaining any custom finishes)
9. Installation and shipping costs associated with removing, re-installing or shipping the product to JL Audio for warranty service
Ask your dealer for details on warranty limitations.
If you need Service on your JL Audio Product:
All warranty returns should be sent to JL AUDIO freight prepaid through an authorized JL AUDIO dealer and must be accompanied by proof of purchase (a copy of the original sales receipt.) Direct returns from consumers or non-authorized dealers will be refused unless specifically authorized by JL AUDIO with a valid return authorization number. Warranty expiration on products returned without proof of purchase will be determined from the manufacturing date code. Coverage may be invalidated as this date is previous to purchase date. Return only defective components. Non-defective items received will be returned freight-collect. Customer is responsible for shipping charges and insurance in sending the product to JL AUDIO. Freight damage on returns is not covered under warranty. Always include proof of purchase (sales receipt).
Available in stores only