1-inch (25 mm) Silk Dome Tweeters
The silk dome tweeter is prized by audiophiles for delivering realistic, non-fatiguing, high-frequency performance.
The C3 component tweeters are built with 1-inch silk dome diaphragms that deliver powerful, extended response, on and off axis. Flush-mounting and surface-mounting fixtures are included to fit a wide variety of installation needs. They can also be installed coaxially onto the C3 woofers using the fixtures included with the C3 Component / Coaxial Systems.
Inline 12 dB / octave high-pass filters with tweeter protectors are included with this kit. The C3-100ct is designed to operate above 4 kHz with a minimum high-pass slope of 12 dB / octave.
Sonic character: Clean and Powerful
Sold as a pair.
|Continuous Power Handling (RMS)||75 W|
|Peak Music Power*||225 W|
|Recommended Amplifier Power (RMS)||25 - 150 W / Ch.|
|System Efficiency||90.0 dB @ 1 W / 1 m|
|System Nominal Impedance||4 Ω|
|System Frequency Response||4 kHz - 25 KHz ± 3 dB|
|*With supplied crossover|
|Flush Mount Fixture Diameter (A1)||2.12 in / 54 mm|
|Surface Mount Fixture Diameter (A2)||1.93 in / 49 mm|
|Flush Mount Mounting Hole Diameter (B)||1.875 in / 48 mm|
|Flush Mount Mounting Depth (C)||0.71 in / 18.0 mm|
|Flush Mount Tweeter Frontal Protrusion (D1)||0.32 in / 8 mm|
|Surface Mount Tweeter Frontal Protrusion (D2)||0.95 in / 24 mm|
Silk Dome Tweeter
Light, fast moving silk dome material promotes high-frequency accuracy.
Silk is a natural material with inherently good characteristics as a tweeter diaphragm. In addition to being very light in weight, silk exhibits excellent damping properties, which reduces ringing and resonances in the tweeter’s passband, leading to a smooth, pleasing high-frequency character free from unnatural sibilance or exaggerated brightness. Compared to a harder material dome, a silk tweeter does not exhibit as much ultra-high frequency extension, but is preferred by many audiophiles for its overall balance.
Find the answers to many common questions:
U.S.A. Warranty Information - Evolution® Mobile Audio Speaker Systems
JL Audio Evolution Speaker Systems are warrantied against defects in materials and workmanship for One (1) Year from purchase date. JL Audio will, at its discretion, repair or replace any products that exhibit defects in materials and/or workmanship during the warranty period.
Please hold on to your sales receipt! All warranty service requires original sales receipt documentation. The warranty only applies to the original purchaser from an authorized retailer.
Note: Products purchased from unauthorized dealers are not covered under warranty.
The following is not covered under JL Audio's warranty program:
1. Product with defaced, altered or removed serial numbers (no valid, legible serial number = no warranty).
2. Product owned by anyone other than the original purchaser from an authorized JL Audio dealer. (The warranty is not transferable and will not apply to products purchased from unauthorized dealers.)
3. Product that has been physically abused (run over by a car or beat with a hammer, for example).
4. Product that has not been installed according to the instructions in the owner's manual
5. Product in which repair and/or modification has been attempted by unauthorized parties
6. Product damaged cosmetically due to improper handling or normal wear and tear
7. Product damaged in an accident, due to criminal activity (attempted theft, gunshot damage, etc.) or by 'acts of God' (flooding, lightning, locusts, etc.)
8. Custom finishes or other cosmetic treatments applied to products. (JL Audio will not be responsible for restoring or maintaining any custom finishes)
9. Installation and shipping costs associated with removing, re-installing or shipping the product to JL Audio for warranty service
Ask your dealer for details on warranty limitations.
If you need Service on your JL Audio Product:
All warranty returns should be sent to JL AUDIO freight prepaid through an authorized JL AUDIO dealer and must be accompanied by proof of purchase (a copy of the original sales receipt.) Direct returns from consumers or non-authorized dealers will be refused unless specifically authorized by JL AUDIO with a valid return authorization number. Warranty expiration on products returned without proof of purchase will be determined from the manufacturing date code. Coverage may be invalidated as this date is previous to purchase date. Return only defective components. Non-defective items received will be returned freight-collect. Customer is responsible for shipping charges and insurance in sending the product to JL AUDIO. Freight damage on returns is not covered under warranty. Always include proof of purchase (sales receipt).
Available in stores only