10-inch (250 mm) Marine Subwoofer Driver, Gloss White Sport Grille with RGB LED Lighting, 4 Ω
M3 10-inch Marine Subwoofer for Infinite-Baffle Use (175 W, 4 Ω) - Gloss White Sport Grille with RGB LED Illumination
With appropriate system setup, the addition of a subwoofer allows your smaller main speakers to be free of the burden of reproducing low frequencies. This allows your whole system to play louder and to sound cleaner at all listening levels.
Purpose-engineered and built for real marine duty, the M3 infinite-baffle subwoofers are designed to operate without a dedicated enclosure and are targeted towards moderate power applications.
Integrated into the Sport Grille’s frame, the internal LED lighting assembly was meticulously designed to uniformly illuminate the woofer’s cone area with a lively glow, adding a dramatic visual experience to your high seas journey. Add an optional RGB controller to create thousands of color variations. Professional installation is strongly recommended.
The M3-10 is best used with amplifier power in the 50W - 175W range and is optimized to operate with a large volume of air behind it (at least 2 cu. ft. / 56.6 l). If you need a Subwoofer that operates in a small sealed enclosure, select our M6-10W, instead.
Like all JL Audio marine speakers, this driver is built to withstand a real saltwater marine environment and deliver years of listening enjoyment.
|Continuous Power Handling (RMS)||175 W|
|Nominal Impedance (Znom)||4 Ω|
|Nominal Diameter||10.0 in / 250 mm|
|Overall Diameter (A)||10.75 in / 273 mm|
|Mounting Hole Diameter (B)||8.875 in / 225 mm|
|Bolt Hole Circle Diameter (C)||9.706 in / 247 mm|
|Motor Outer Diameter (D)||5.29 in / 134 mm|
|Mounting Depth (E)||5.12 in / 130 mm|
|Driver Displacement||0.04 cu ft / 1.13 L|
|Net Weight||6.5 lb / 2.94 kg|
|Free Air Resonance (Fs)||41.84 Hz|
|Electrical “Q” (Qes)||0.806|
|Mechanical “Q” (Qms)||11.751|
|Total Speaker “Q” (Qts)||0.754|
|Equivalent Compliance (Vas)||1.29 cu ft / 36.53 L|
|One-Way Linear Excursion (Xmax)*||0.42 in / 11 mm|
|Reference Efficiency (no)|
|Efficiency (1 W / 1 m)**||87.23 dB SPL|
|Effective Piston Area (Sd)||50.68 sq in / 0.0327 sq m|
|DC Resistance (Re)||3.957 Ω|
* Xmax specifications are derived via one-way voice coil overhang method with no correction factors applied.
|Infinite Baffle Use||Yes (preferred)|
|Min. Sealed Enclosure Volume||2.0 cu ft / 56.6 L (or larger)|
|Optimum Sealed Enclosure Volume||2.5 cu ft / 70.8 L|
Marine Materials / Testing
The design of marine products requires extensive materials testing to achieve reliability and longevity.
Building serious marine products requires a real commitment to environmental testing and materials specification. To this end, JL Audio has invested in Ultraviolet testing chambers (to simulate years of sun exposure) and Salt Fog chambers (to simulate years of exposure to salt-water environments). This testing is critical to building products that will not only sound great in your boat, but will also sound great for many, many years.
- injection-molded mica-filled polypropylene cone bodies with synthetic rubber surrounds, specifically formulated with UV inhibitors for marine duty.
- Marine-grade, synthetic fiber spiders with progressive roll designs to withstand high humidity.
- Specifically engineered polymer baskets are corrosion and UV-resistant and encapsulate the woofer's motor system to prevent corrosion.
- Gold-plated, marine-grade brass connection terminals
- Marine-grade stainless steel mounting hardware is included.
Find the answers to many common questions:
U.S.A. Warranty Information - Marine Speaker Systems and Subwoofers
JL Audio Marine Speaker Systems and Subwoofers are warrantied against defects in materials and workmanship for Two (2) Years from purchase date. JL Audio will, at its discretion, repair or replace any products that exhibit defects in materials and/or workmanship during the warranty period.
Please hold on to your sales receipt! All warranty service requires original sales receipt documentation. The warranty only applies to the original purchaser from an authorized retailer.
Note: Products purchased from unauthorized dealers are not covered under warranty.
The following is not covered under JL Audio's warranty program:
1. Product with defaced, altered or removed serial numbers (no valid, legible serial number = no warranty).
2. Product owned by anyone other than the original purchaser from an authorized JL Audio dealer. (The warranty is not transferable and will not apply to products purchased from unauthorized dealers.)
3. Product that has been physically abused (run over by a car or beat with a hammer, for example).
4. Product that has not been installed according to the instructions in the owner's manual
5. Product in which repair and/or modification has been attempted by unauthorized parties
6. Product damaged cosmetically due to improper handling or normal wear and tear
7. Product damaged in an accident, due to criminal activity (attempted theft, gunshot damage, etc.) or by 'acts of God' (flooding, lightning, locusts, etc.)
8. Custom finishes or other cosmetic treatments applied to products. (JL Audio will not be responsible for restoring or maintaining any custom finishes)
9. Installation and shipping costs associated with removing, re-installing or shipping the product to JL Audio for warranty service
Ask your dealer for details on warranty limitations.
If you need Service on your JL Audio Product:
All warranty returns should be sent to JL AUDIO freight prepaid through an authorized JL AUDIO dealer and must be accompanied by proof of purchase (a copy of the original sales receipt.) Direct returns from consumers or non-authorized dealers will be refused unless specifically authorized by JL AUDIO with a valid return authorization number. Warranty expiration on products returned without proof of purchase will be determined from the manufacturing date code. Coverage may be invalidated as this date is previous to purchase date. Return only defective components. Non-defective items received will be returned freight-collect. Customer is responsible for shipping charges and insurance in sending the product to JL AUDIO. Freight damage on returns is not covered under warranty. Always include proof of purchase (sales receipt).
Available in stores only