6.5-inch (165 mm) Enclosed Coaxial System with RGB LED Lighting, Matte Black Enclosure, Gunmetal Sport Grilles
M3 6.5-inch Marine Enclosed Coaxial Speaker System (60 W, 4 Ω) - Matte Black Enclosure, Gunmetal Sport Grille with RGB Illumination
Ideal for powersports, marine and off-road vehicle applications, these enclosed speaker systems include our high-performance, M3 6.5-inch marine coaxial speakers with silk dome tweeters housed in rugged, injection-molded enclosures to deliver clean, loud audio.
A rotating clamp receiver is included with each VEX™ pod to mate with an appropriate fixture (sold separately) for mounting to a flat surface, roll-cage or tower structure, allowing precise aiming for optimum sound. Pipe mounting fixtures (sold separately) are available in a variety of sizes to fit a wide range of tube diameters.
The Sport Grille’s frame features an integrated, multi-color LED lighting assembly designed to produce vibrant accent illumination for a dramatic visual experience on your high seas adventure. Add an optional RGB controller to create thousands of color variations. Professional installation is strongly recommended.
A weatherproof, Lexan™ rear logo appliqué trims the rear of each pod, which can be oriented to match any mounting position. For convenience, ten feet of our 6-conductor, multifunction cable is included with each VEX™ pod for making speaker and illumination connections.
Although VEX™ pods can be used with as little as 20 W per channel, we recommend powering these systems with an amplifier capable of 60-120 W of continuous power per channel. For best results, use with a subwoofer.
Like all JL Audio marine speakers, this system is weatherproof and built to deliver years of listening enjoyment.
Sold as a pair.
Need help determining the correct Pipe-Mounting Clamp for your installation?
Download the VeX Pipe Fixture Ruler.
|Continuous Power Handling (RMS)||60 W|
|Recommended Amplifier Power (RMS)||20 - 120 W / Ch.|
|System Efficiency||89.5 dB @ 1 W / 1 m|
|System Nominal Impedance||4 Ω|
|System Frequency Response||100 Hz - 25 KHz ± 3 dB|
|Enclosure Diameter (A)||7.03 in / 179 mm|
|Enclosure Depth (B)||6.16 in / 156 mm|
|Height including Mounting Clamp Receiver* (C)||7.27 in / 185 mm|
|Mounting Clamp Receiver / Enclosure Offset (D)||0.20 in / 5 mm|
|*Mounting Clamps Required (Sold Separately)|
Marine Materials / Testing
The design of marine products requires extensive materials testing to achieve reliability and longevity.
Building serious marine products requires a real commitment to environmental testing and materials specification. To this end, JL Audio has invested in Ultraviolet testing chambers (to simulate years of sun exposure) and Salt Fog chambers (to simulate years of exposure to salt-water environments). This testing is critical to building products that will not only sound great in your boat, but will also sound great for many, many years.
- injection-molded mica-filled polypropylene cone bodies with synthetic rubber surrounds, specifically formulated with UV inhibitors for marine duty.
- Marine-grade, synthetic fiber spiders with progressive roll designs to withstand high humidity.
- Specifically engineered polymer baskets are corrosion and UV-resistant and encapsulate the woofer's motor system to prevent corrosion.
- Gold-plated, marine-grade brass connection terminals
- Marine-grade stainless steel mounting hardware is included.
U.S.A. Warranty Information - Marine Speaker Systems and Subwoofers
JL Audio Marine Speaker Systems and Subwoofers are warrantied against defects in materials and workmanship for Two (2) Years from purchase date. JL Audio will, at its discretion, repair or replace any products that exhibit defects in materials and/or workmanship during the warranty period.
Please hold on to your sales receipt! All warranty service requires original sales receipt documentation. The warranty only applies to the original purchaser from an authorized retailer.
Note: Products purchased from unauthorized dealers are not covered under warranty.
The following is not covered under JL Audio's warranty program:
1. Product with defaced, altered or removed serial numbers (no valid, legible serial number = no warranty).
2. Product owned by anyone other than the original purchaser from an authorized JL Audio dealer. (The warranty is not transferable and will not apply to products purchased from unauthorized dealers.)
3. Product that has been physically abused (run over by a car or beat with a hammer, for example).
4. Product that has not been installed according to the instructions in the owner's manual
5. Product in which repair and/or modification has been attempted by unauthorized parties
6. Product damaged cosmetically due to improper handling or normal wear and tear
7. Product damaged in an accident, due to criminal activity (attempted theft, gunshot damage, etc.) or by 'acts of God' (flooding, lightning, locusts, etc.)
8. Custom finishes or other cosmetic treatments applied to products. (JL Audio will not be responsible for restoring or maintaining any custom finishes)
9. Installation and shipping costs associated with removing, re-installing or shipping the product to JL Audio for warranty service
Ask your dealer for details on warranty limitations.
If you need Service on your JL Audio Product:
All warranty returns should be sent to JL AUDIO freight prepaid through an authorized JL AUDIO dealer and must be accompanied by proof of purchase (a copy of the original sales receipt.) Direct returns from consumers or non-authorized dealers will be refused unless specifically authorized by JL AUDIO with a valid return authorization number. Warranty expiration on products returned without proof of purchase will be determined from the manufacturing date code. Coverage may be invalidated as this date is previous to purchase date. Return only defective components. Non-defective items received will be returned freight-collect. Customer is responsible for shipping charges and insurance in sending the product to JL AUDIO. Freight damage on returns is not covered under warranty. Always include proof of purchase (sales receipt).
Available in stores only