Bluetooth® Audio Controller / Receiver
Designed for marine and powersports applications, the MBT-CRXv2 Bluetooth® Controller/Receiver delivers your favorite music from a Bluetooth® equipped device directly to your audio system.
With an IP67 water resistance rating, the MBT-CRXv2 is ideal for small watercraft, motorcycles, ATV’s or other utility vehicles. Add Bluetooth® connectivity to any source unit with line-level/auxiliary inputs or connect directly to an amplifier and use it as a stand-alone source unit/receiver. Large LED backlit push-button controls are easy-to-see and easy-to-use, day or night. A small footprint and clever, one-hole design makes installation a breeze. An adaptor plate is also included for easy front mounting or where rear access is limited or not possible.
Equipped with Bluetooth® v4.0 and the Qualcomm® aptX™ audio codec, the MBT-CRXv2 sends top-quality audio and performance from compatible devices to deliver dynamic, CD-like sound without any cables. With a wireless connection range of up to 35 ft., you can conveniently control the connected audio without returning to your Bluetooth® device. This means your device can stay safely tucked-away from the elements.
When you’re ready to set sail or tackle your next adventure, great sound is waiting for you with the MBT-CRXv2 Bluetooth® Audio Controller/Receiver.
* The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by JL Audio is under license.
* Qualcomm aptX is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Qualcomm is a trademark of Qualcomm Incorporated, registered in the United States and other countries. aptX is a trademark of Qualcomm Technologies International, Ltd., registered in the United States and other countries. Use of such marks by JL Audio is under license.
|Bluetooth® Core Specification||Version 4.0 with Qualcomm® aptX™ audio|
|Current Draw||48 mA (at idle) / 64 mA (at full output)|
|Input Operating Voltage||8 - 28 VDC|
|Fuse Rating||2A Mini ATC|
|Output Voltage||2V RMS|
|Frequency Response||20 Hz - 18 kHz (±1dB)|
|Connection Range*||Up to 35 ft / 11 m|
|S/N Ratio||93 dB (20 Hz - 20 kHz)|
|Remote Turn-on Output Capacity||350 mA (max)|
|Bluetooth® Profile||A2DP (High-Quality, Stereo Audio)|
|Outputs||One Stereo Pair, Low-Level RCA Plugs|
*Maximum range is achieved in line-of-sight installations. Actual range will vary based on installation specifics.
Bluetooth® Wireless Technology
Secure and convenient wireless connectivity across a wide range of electronic device platforms.
Inspired by the Danish King, Harald Bluetooth, who unified Denmark and Norway in the 10th century, Bluetooth® wireless technology is used throughout the world today, enabling billions of electronic devices to connect wirelessly. With its uniform specification structure, low power consumption and ease of use, a wide range of Bluetooth® equipped devices are securely connected to each other (a process known as "pairing"), affording them seamless communication and data transfer.
Bluetooth® is the global standard for wirelessly connecting electronic devices.
* The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and any use of such marks by JL Audio is under license.
Qualcomm® aptX™ Audio Coding Technology
Bluetooth® streaming audio can now get closer than ever before to CD-quality sound, when using a streaming device equipped with the Qualcomm® aptX™ audio codec.
Originally developed in the 1980's at Queen's University Belfast, the aptX™ coding algorithm has been the secret weapon of the professional audio and film industries because of its ability to deliver CD-like quality audio over low-power Bluetooth® wireless connections.
When sound waves are transmitted over Bluetooth® as digital audio, they are first compressed to reduce their size using a coding method called "SBC", which stands for Low Complexity Sub Band Coding. the compression process takes a series of snapshots of the audio at specific moments in time known as "samples" and, with enough samples, a Bluetooth® receiver can convert them back into a full sound wave.
Since Bluetooth® is limited by a maximum available bandwidth and because SBC was designed to use as little processing power as possible, some of the data is discarded using a process called "psychoacoustic modeling". Psychoacoustic modeling removes portions of data that theoretically cannot be heard to reduce file size. The result is less than accurate audio reproduction.
To overcome the low-power constraints of SBC and the bandwidth limits of Bluetooth® audio, the patented aptX™ coding algorithm applies a different approach at bit rate reduction. By using a method of "time domain ADPCM" to encode the audio, aptX™ uses fewer bits per sample, so the files are smaller and arrive transparently and intact. The result is full bandwidth audio reproduction that requires less energy and size for transmitting.
* Qualcomm aptX is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Qualcomm is a trademark of Qualcomm Incorporated, registered in the United States and other countries. aptX is a trademark of Qualcomm Technologies International, Ltd., registered in the United States and other countries. Any use of such marks by JL Audio is under license.
Find the answers to many common questions:
U.S.A. Warranty Information - Marine Amplifiers and Electronics
JL Audio Marine Amplifiers and Electronics are warrantied against defects in materials and workmanship for Two (2) Years from purchase date. JL Audio will, at its discretion, repair or replace any products that exhibit defects in materials and/or workmanship during the warranty period.
Please hold on to your sales receipt! All warranty service requires original sales receipt documentation. The warranty only applies to the original purchaser from an authorized retailer.
Note: Products purchased from unauthorized dealers are not covered under warranty.
The following is not covered under JL Audio's warranty program:
1. Product with defaced, altered or removed serial numbers (no valid, legible serial number = no warranty).
2. Product owned by anyone other than the original purchaser from an authorized JL Audio dealer. (The warranty is not transferable and will not apply to products purchased from unauthorized dealers.)
3. Product that has been physically abused (run over by a car or beat with a hammer, for example).
4. Product that has not been installed according to the instructions in the owner's manual
5. Product in which repair and/or modification has been attempted by unauthorized parties
6. Product damaged cosmetically due to improper handling or normal wear and tear
7. Product damaged in an accident, due to criminal activity (attempted theft, gunshot damage, etc.) or by 'acts of God' (flooding, lightning, locusts, etc.)
8. Custom finishes or other cosmetic treatments applied to products. (JL Audio will not be responsible for restoring or maintaining any custom finishes)
9. Installation and shipping costs associated with removing, re-installing or shipping the product to JL Audio for warranty service
Ask your dealer for details on warranty limitations.
If you need Service on your JL Audio Product:
All warranty returns should be sent to JL AUDIO freight prepaid through an authorized JL AUDIO dealer and must be accompanied by proof of purchase (a copy of the original sales receipt.) Direct returns from consumers or non-authorized dealers will be refused unless specifically authorized by JL AUDIO with a valid return authorization number. Warranty expiration on products returned without proof of purchase will be determined from the manufacturing date code. Coverage may be invalidated as this date is previous to purchase date. Return only defective components. Non-defective items received will be returned freight-collect. Customer is responsible for shipping charges and insurance in sending the product to JL AUDIO. Freight damage on returns is not covered under warranty. Always include proof of purchase (sales receipt).
Available in stores only