MediaMaster® NMEA 2000® network wired remote volume controller
The MMR-5N2K is a wired remote designed to add auxiliary volume control to compatible MediaMaster® source units.
Outfitted with a NMEA 2000® Micro-C connector, the MMR-5N2K connects to a host MediaMaster® source unit in two ways:
- Direct interface with a vessel's NMEA 2000® network using applicable NMEA 2000® cables and connectors (not included)
- Direct connection to single MediaMaster® source unit using MMC-PN2K powered network cables (sold separately) to simulate an isolated, stand-alone NMEA 2000® network
Engineered for real-world marine (and many outdoor) applications, its weatherproof (IPX7 rated) design is built to withstand the harshest environments.
The MMR-5N2K includes the following features:
- NMEA 2000® Certified (LEN 2)
- Weatherproof design (IPX7 rated) for real marine duty
- Large rotary design for easy adjustments, especially while in motion
- One knob simultaneously adjusts all audio zones
- Simple, push-button audio mute/unmute control
- Integrated status LED ring with programmable brightness
- Front-mounted design requires just a single 1.5-inch (38 mm) hole for installation
- Automatically recognizes which MediaMaster® source unit model is connected
The MMR-5N2K is compatible with these MediaMaster® source units:
Note: The MMR-5N2K should only be used with a single MediaMaster® source unit, connected via a NMEA 2000® network or MMC-PN2K powered network cables (sold separately). The level control mode for each audio zone of the host source unit must be set to Relative or Variable. When connected, all audio zones will adjust simultaneously. Functionality of the MMR-5N2K is solely derived from the host MediaMaster® source unit.
Need additional information on making MediaMaster® connections?
View the Help Center Article on MediaMaster Remote Compatibility.
|Width (A)||2.35 in / 60 mm|
|Frontal Protrusion (B)||1.11 in / 28 mm|
|Mounting Depth (C)||0.93 in / 24 mm|
|Mounting Hole Diameter (D)||1.5 in / 38 mm|
|Cable Length (E)||10.5 in / 267 mm|
Marine Materials / Testing
The design of marine products requires extensive materials testing to achieve reliability and longevity.
Building serious marine products requires a real commitment to environmental testing and materials specification. To this end, JL Audio has invested in Ultraviolet testing chambers (to simulate years of sun exposure) and Salt Fog chambers (to simulate years of exposure to salt-water environments). This testing is critical to building products that will not only sound great in your boat, but will also sound great for many, many years.
- injection-molded mica-filled polypropylene cone bodies with synthetic rubber surrounds, specifically formulated with UV inhibitors for marine duty.
- Marine-grade, synthetic fiber spiders with progressive roll designs to withstand high humidity.
- Specifically engineered polymer baskets are corrosion and UV-resistant and encapsulate the woofer's motor system to prevent corrosion.
- Gold-plated, marine-grade brass connection terminals
- Marine-grade stainless steel mounting hardware is included.
Find the answers to many common questions:
U.S.A. Warranty Information - Marine Amplifiers and Electronics
JL Audio Marine Amplifiers and Electronics are warrantied against defects in materials and workmanship for Two (2) Years from purchase date. JL Audio will, at its discretion, repair or replace any products that exhibit defects in materials and/or workmanship during the warranty period.
Please hold on to your sales receipt! All warranty service requires original sales receipt documentation. The warranty only applies to the original purchaser from an authorized retailer.
Note: Products purchased from unauthorized dealers are not covered under warranty.
The following is not covered under JL Audio's warranty program:
1. Product with defaced, altered or removed serial numbers (no valid, legible serial number = no warranty).
2. Product owned by anyone other than the original purchaser from an authorized JL Audio dealer. (The warranty is not transferable and will not apply to products purchased from unauthorized dealers.)
3. Product that has been physically abused (run over by a car or beat with a hammer, for example).
4. Product that has not been installed according to the instructions in the owner's manual
5. Product in which repair and/or modification has been attempted by unauthorized parties
6. Product damaged cosmetically due to improper handling or normal wear and tear
7. Product damaged in an accident, due to criminal activity (attempted theft, gunshot damage, etc.) or by 'acts of God' (flooding, lightning, locusts, etc.)
8. Custom finishes or other cosmetic treatments applied to products. (JL Audio will not be responsible for restoring or maintaining any custom finishes)
9. Installation and shipping costs associated with removing, re-installing or shipping the product to JL Audio for warranty service
Ask your dealer for details on warranty limitations.
If you need Service on your JL Audio Product:
All warranty returns should be sent to JL AUDIO freight prepaid through an authorized JL AUDIO dealer and must be accompanied by proof of purchase (a copy of the original sales receipt.) Direct returns from consumers or non-authorized dealers will be refused unless specifically authorized by JL AUDIO with a valid return authorization number. Warranty expiration on products returned without proof of purchase will be determined from the manufacturing date code. Coverage may be invalidated as this date is previous to purchase date. Return only defective components. Non-defective items received will be returned freight-collect. Customer is responsible for shipping charges and insurance in sending the product to JL AUDIO. Freight damage on returns is not covered under warranty. Always include proof of purchase (sales receipt).
Available in stores only