Las Vegas, NV – Palms Casino Resort – January 6, 2016 – Two monoblock and two four-channel amplifiers make up the new MX Series. Each model is engineered and built to withstand even the most challenging environments-mud, rain, salt water, with corrosion-resistant materials and full IPX6 ratings against water intrusion. All MX amplifiers feature JL Audio's highly efficient NexDTM Class D technology that delivers superb efficiency and sound quality from a very compact package.
"Our 2015 lines of compact, weatherproof amplifiers quickly became some of our best-selling new products. This new line for 2016 covers all applications (car, marine and powersports) and adds a pair of more powerful models to the lineup. We expect the MX line to be a huge hit." said Manville Smith, VP of Marketing.
MX Monoblock Subwoofer Amplifiers:
MX300/1: 160W @ 4 ohms / 300W @ 2 ohms. MSRP USD: $279.99
MX500/1: 300W @ 4 ohms / 500W @ 2 ohms, MSRP USD: $399.99
- Differential-balanced inputs with Input Range switch, to accept line-level or speaker level input signals.
- 24 dB/oct. Low-Pass filter, variable from 40-400 Hz, defeatable
- Bass Boost EQ: 0 to +12 dB @ 43 Hz
- Variable 12 dB/oct. Infrasonic Filter from 20-40 Hz
- Port for RBC-1 remote level control (optional)
- Output Polarity switch
MX Four-Channel Amplifiers:
MX280/4: 50W x 4 @ 4 ohms / 70W x 4 @ 2 ohms, MSRP USD: $279.99
MX500/4: 90W x 4 @ 4 ohms / 125W x 4 @ 2 ohms MSRP USD: $399.99
- Differential-balanced inputs with Input Range switches
- 12 dB/oct. High-Pass or Low-Pass filters, variable from 35-300 Hz, defeatable
Additional powersports product introductions for 2016 include the VeXTM Pod speaker systems, eleven new Stealthbox® subwoofer systems, and three audio source units.