System Tuning DSP controlled by TüN software, Digital INPUT ONLY / 8-ch. Analog Outputs
System Tuning DSP with Digital Optical Input / 8-ch. Stereo RCA Outputs / 1 Digital Optical Output
The TwK™ D8 is a state-of-the-art digital signal processor engineered to deliver world-class system tuning capabilities in an easy-to-use format.
Equipped with an advanced 24-bit DSP processor, the TwK™ D8 is equipped with a digital optical (Toslink) input and connects directly to our FiX™ 82 OEM Integration DSP, or any 2-channel digital (S/PDIF) output, to maintain an all-digital signal path.
The TwK™ D8 is also equipped with flexible output options, 80 total bands of equalization and powerful mixing tools. The included DRC-200 Digital Remote Controller offers dual level controls, toggles up to six presets, and has an LED indicator.
Control the TwK™ D8’s entire feature set by connecting it to your PC via USB, using the companion TüN™ Software interface.
- All-digital, optical (Toslink) input connects directly to any digital (S/PDIF) output.
- Flexible input mixer allows left and right input channels to be combined with full control over each input’s level and polarity.
- 8 banks of 10-band graphic or parametric equalizers with configurable EQ assignment
- Powerful crossover section with fully variable, high-pass and low-pass filters, crossover slopes are selectable from 6 dB/octave to 48 dB/octave (in 6 dB/octave increments)
- Configurable polarity and delay settings, with separate entries for speaker distance plus offset control; fully linkable with other channels, in any combination, for adjustment
- Precise output level controls, adjustable in 0.5 or 0.1 dB increments, fully linkable with other channels, in any combination
- 8 analog, line-level RCA output jacks (4V RMS)
- Optical (Toslink) output jack provides a pass-through digital audio (S/PDIF) signal from any pair of input channels, with no signal processing applied.
|Power Supply Type||Regulated DC-DC SMPS|
|Input Operating Voltage||10 - 16 VDC|
|Standby Current Draw||<1.5 mA|
|Operating Current Draw||0.7 A|
|Recommended Fuse Value||1 A|
|Input Channels||Single Digital Input|
|Input Voltage Range||250 mV - 7.1 V RMS|
|Minimum Input Voltage||10 mV RMS|
|Input Level Setting||N/A|
|Analog Output||Unbalanced, stereo RCA jacks|
|Digital Output||Optical (Toslink) output (S/PDIF)|
|Output Impedance||450 Ω|
|Latency||Optical - Optical: 4.860 mS
Optical - Analog: 4.805 mS
|S/N Ratio||96 dB (A-Weighted, referred to 4V RMS Output)|
|THD+N @ Rated Output||0.02% (20 Hz - 20 kHz)|
|Audio Resolution||24 bit / 48 kHz|
|Number of EQ Bands||10 x 8 Channels|
|Remote Level Control||Included (DRC-200)|
|Remote Level Functions||Master Volume Control + Trim; Master Volume Control + Fader; Zone Control, LED Status Reporting|
|Height (H)||1.85 in / 47 mm|
|Width (W)||4.29 in / 109 mm|
|Depth (D)||6.14 in / 156 mm|
|Net Weight||2.58 lb / 1.17 kg|
JLid™ is JL Audio's protocol for digital controllers and for communication of settings between devices (not for audio signals).
JLid™ offers two-way communication for a range of accessories, including the following:
Wired System Controllers: DRC-100, DRC-200, DRC-205
Bluetooth® Communicator: VXi-BTC
Networking Accessory: VXi-HUB
JL Audio FiX™ and TwK™ processors each feature one “JLid™ Port”, designed for connection of a wired controller.
JL Audio VXi amplifiers offer powerful networking capabilities via JLid™, to deliver single-point control of multiple amplifiers in a system. This allows the user to adjust levels (Volume, Fader, Balance, Zone Level) and to select from multiple DSP presets, across an entire group of networked amplifiers. JL Audio VXi amplifiers each feature separate “JLid™ Control” and “JLid™ Comm” ports. Please refer to the VXi product manual and our Help Center for details.
JLid™ connections are made via standard CAT-5e cables.
Find the answers to many common questions:
Download: TüN Overview for TwK
Help Center Articles: TwK System Tuning Processors
U.S.A. Warranty Information - Mobile Audio Amplifiers and Electronic Products
JL Audio Amplifiers and Electronics are warrantied against defects in materials and workmanship for Two (2) Years from purchase date. The Mobile Audio Amplifier warranty can be expanded to a total of Three (3) Years from the date of purchase with the accompanying purchase of a qualifying JL Audio Amplifier Power Connection System and with installation by a JL Audio Authorized Retailer. JL Audio will, at its discretion, repair or replace any products that exhibit defects in materials and/or workmanship during the warranty period.
Please hold on to your sales receipt! All warranty service requires original sales receipt documentation. The warranty only applies to the original purchaser from an authorized retailer.
Note: Products purchased from unauthorized dealers are not covered under warranty.
The following is not covered under JL Audio's warranty program:
1. Product with defaced, altered or removed serial numbers (no valid, legible serial number = no warranty).
2. Product owned by anyone other than the original purchaser from an authorized JL Audio dealer. (The warranty is not transferable and will not apply to products purchased from unauthorized dealers.)
3. Product that has been physically abused (run over by a car or beat with a hammer, for example).
4. Product that has not been installed according to the instructions in the owner's manual
5. Product in which repair and/or modification has been attempted by unauthorized parties
6. Product damaged cosmetically due to improper handling or normal wear and tear
7. Product damaged in an accident, due to criminal activity (attempted theft, gunshot damage, etc.) or by 'acts of God' (flooding, lightning, locusts, etc.)
8. Custom finishes or other cosmetic treatments applied to products. (JL Audio will not be responsible for restoring or maintaining any custom finishes)
9. Installation and shipping costs associated with removing, re-installing or shipping the product to JL Audio for warranty service
Ask your dealer for details on warranty limitations.
If you need Service on your JL Audio Product:
All warranty returns should be sent to JL AUDIO freight prepaid through an authorized JL AUDIO dealer and must be accompanied by proof of purchase (a copy of the original sales receipt.) Direct returns from consumers or non-authorized dealers will be refused unless specifically authorized by JL AUDIO with a valid return authorization number. Warranty expiration on products returned without proof of purchase will be determined from the manufacturing date code. Coverage may be invalidated as this date is previous to purchase date. Return only defective components. Non-defective items received will be returned freight-collect. Customer is responsible for shipping charges and insurance in sending the product to JL AUDIO. Freight damage on returns is not covered under warranty. Always include proof of purchase (sales receipt).
Available in stores only