Fully Active, 2-ch. Remote Level Control / Line Driver with Pass-through Outputs
The Possibilities are Endless...
The CL-RLC is a true, active level control preamplifier which can be used for subwoofer level control or as an audiophile-grade, full-range volume control. The CL-RLC's differential-balanced inputs minimize the likelihood of noise, while its very healthy preamp design delivers up to 7.5 VRMS of unclipped output to your amplifier. Unlike cheap, passive line-level controls, no signal passes through the CL-RLC's control cable and knob. Instead, the control knob only sends volume level signals to the preamp circuit in order to maximize fidelity and minimize the possibility of noise.
Subwoofer Level: By inserting the CL-RLC in-line with any signal feeding a subwoofer amplifier, you can control the subwoofer level from the front of the vehicle using the supplied control knob. Another important feature is a buffered pass-through connection so that you can also pass signal along (without volume control) to a satellite amplifier from the same input channels.
Full-Range Volume Control: Since the CL-RLC uses top-quality active circuitry, its application is not just limited to subwoofer duty. It can be used whenever and wherever you want to have volume control over any line-level signal. For example, you can use it to control a center-channel level, rear channel levels, or even the level of an iPod® input directly to an amplifier. The possibilities are endless and will enable very interesting things to be accomplished in a wide variety of systems.
(3.1 MB PDF)
|Channel Separation||>80 dB|
|Output Impedance||475 Ω|
|Gain Range||7.5 V RMS|
|Max. Unclipped Output||7.5 V RMS|
|Frequency Response||10 Hz - 30 kHz (+0/-1 dB)|
|THD+N @ Rated Output||Less than 0.05% @ 7.5 V RMS|
|S/N Ratio||>117 dB @ 7.5 V RMS|
|Max. Input Level||4 V RMS|
|Operating Current Draw||90 mA|
|Width (W)||3.94 in / 100 mm|
|Height (H)||1.21 in / 31 mm|
|Depth (D)||1.63 in / 41 mm|
|Net Weight||0.55 lb / 0.25 kg|
Find the answers to many common questions:
U.S.A. Warranty Information - Mobile Audio Amplifiers and Electronic Products
JL Audio Amplifiers and Electronics are warrantied against defects in materials and workmanship for Two (2) Years from purchase date. The Mobile Audio Amplifier warranty can be expanded to a total of Three (3) Years from the date of purchase with the accompanying purchase of a qualifying JL Audio Amplifier Power Connection System and with installation by a JL Audio Authorized Retailer. JL Audio will, at its discretion, repair or replace any products that exhibit defects in materials and/or workmanship during the warranty period.
Please hold on to your sales receipt! All warranty service requires original sales receipt documentation. The warranty only applies to the original purchaser from an authorized retailer.
Note: Products purchased from unauthorized dealers are not covered under warranty.
The following is not covered under JL Audio's warranty program:
1. Product with defaced, altered or removed serial numbers (no valid, legible serial number = no warranty).
2. Product owned by anyone other than the original purchaser from an authorized JL Audio dealer. (The warranty is not transferable and will not apply to products purchased from unauthorized dealers.)
3. Product that has been physically abused (run over by a car or beat with a hammer, for example).
4. Product that has not been installed according to the instructions in the owner's manual
5. Product in which repair and/or modification has been attempted by unauthorized parties
6. Product damaged cosmetically due to improper handling or normal wear and tear
7. Product damaged in an accident, due to criminal activity (attempted theft, gunshot damage, etc.) or by 'acts of God' (flooding, lightning, locusts, etc.)
8. Custom finishes or other cosmetic treatments applied to products. (JL Audio will not be responsible for restoring or maintaining any custom finishes)
9. Installation and shipping costs associated with removing, re-installing or shipping the product to JL Audio for warranty service
Ask your dealer for details on warranty limitations.
If you need Service on your JL Audio Product:
All warranty returns should be sent to JL AUDIO freight prepaid through an authorized JL AUDIO dealer and must be accompanied by proof of purchase (a copy of the original sales receipt.) Direct returns from consumers or non-authorized dealers will be refused unless specifically authorized by JL AUDIO with a valid return authorization number. Warranty expiration on products returned without proof of purchase will be determined from the manufacturing date code. Coverage may be invalidated as this date is previous to purchase date. Return only defective components. Non-defective items received will be returned freight-collect. Customer is responsible for shipping charges and insurance in sending the product to JL AUDIO. Freight damage on returns is not covered under warranty. Always include proof of purchase (sales receipt).
Available in stores only